Join Us Now
Are You a Good Candidate?
Are you a LEGO® enthusiast?
Do you have an outstanding work ethic with a passion to succeed?
Do you want to “love what you do?”
Do you love seeing smiles on customers’ faces?
Would you enjoy working with a customer base that ranges from small children to adult collectors?
If you answered yes to ANY of these questions, then this franchise opportunity may be for you. For more information on how to open your very own Bricks & Minifigs® store, contact us today!
Why Customers Will Love You
You’ll help customers recreate fond memories from their childhood. You’ll give people of any age a convenient place to buy, sell and trade all their LEGO® products.
Encouraging people to use their imagination. Build customers’ dreams “brick-by-brick” with your extensive knowledge and seemingly endless selection of LEGO® products.
- Bricks & Minifigs® has established itself as the first LEGO® resale franchise with an extremely loyal and rapidly-growing customer base.
- Bricks & Minifigs® is your one-stop aftermarket LEGO® shop! We are the largest toy store of our kind, specializing in only new and used LEGO® items. We buy and trade all LEGO® products, from bulk tubs to storage unit-sized collections. If it’s the LEGO® brand, we’ll take it! Enjoy our selection of individual minifigs, bulk bricks, components and accessories. With the largest assortment of new, used and retired sets, we keep your collection growing!
- Bricks & Minifigs started as a dream in 2003 when David Ortiz thought there should be a better way to buy, sell, and trade LEGO® items while being a stay-at-home father of twin boys. He knew that if there was a safe place for families to buy, sell and trade LEGO® product that it would be a success. In 2009 he met John Masek, who had spent most of his life working in and running stores for some of the largest names in retail. John had recently started selling LEGO® online, and as it happened the two men stumbled into a bidding war with each other over a large LEGO® collection for sale. Instead of fighting, they decided to begin working together to split the collection. Shortly afterwards they started drafting plans for the future, combining David’s knowledge and John’s retail experience to create what is now Bricks & Minifigs. They opened their first store in 2010. The company began franchising in 2011, and by 2018 had over 41 stores in operation in the US and Canada.
Financial Information – What’s Included
Depending on the size of the store you wish to open, your total initial investment will range from $108,500 to $276,400 and will include:
- Initial franchise fee of $25,000 ($30,000 in Canada) will include a protected territory, 5-day training program at our corporate headquarters, up to 3 days of on-site training at your location, a web page and a comprehensive operations manual.
- Computers, software, Point of Purchase System start at $3,200.
- Furniture, fixtures and equipment ranges from $2,500-$12,000.
- Real estate and leasehold improvements are estimated at $6,000-$20,500.
- Starting inventory ranges from $35,000-$125,000.
- Signage and marketing to advertise your grand opening starts at $6,500.
Sales Disclosure: This website and the franchise sales information on this site do not constitute an offer to sell a franchise. The offer of a franchise can only be made through the delivery of a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD). Certain states require that we register the FDD in those states. The communications on this website are not directed by us to the residents of any of those states. Moreover, we will not offer or sell franchises in those states until we have registered the franchise (or obtained an applicable exemption from registration) and delivered the franchise offering circular to the prospective franchisee in compliance with applicable law.